csgolearn Forum Index csgolearn
cs go skins trade

csgolearn 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tkachuk’s skate.Fiala

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine95

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Tkachuk’s skate.Fiala Reply with quote

BUFFALO Authentic Alexander Wennberg Jersey , N.Y. (AP) Anze Kopitar and the Los Angeles Kings took advantage of the Buffalo Sabres‘ second-period meltdown to snap a three-game skid and keep pace in the tightly contested Western Conference playoff race.Kopitar and rookie Michael Amadio each had two goals in a 4-2 win, which the Kings broke open by scoring three times on consecutive shots over a span of 5:35 on Saturday afternoon.”I think our second period was huge, not just getting the three goals but just dictating the game,” said Kopitar, who upped his team-leading total to 25 goals. ”I thought (today) was a step in the right direction, but we’ve got to continue going.”Article continues below ...Los Angeles improved to 31-22-5 and vaulted into 10th place in the West, a point ahead of the idle Colorado Avalanche.The win was also the Kings’ first in Buffalo since a 4-1 victory on Feb. 21, 2003. Los Angeles had gone 0-6-2 in its previous eight trips to Buffalo, and was 1-12-2 plus a tie in its previous 16 visits dating to the start of the 1993-94 season.”I don’t think we were worried about the 15-year drought in here, but we had a three-game slide that we certainly wanted to stop,” Kopitar said.Frustration boiled over for the Eastern Conference’s last-place Sabres.The press box shook with the loud sound of a door slamming, and Sabres general manager Jason Botterill was spotted leaving the team’s booth shortly after Kopitar scored his first goal to put the Kings up 2-0.Sabres forward Jason Pominville wasn’t surprised upon being informed of what happened.”I would’ve probably done the same thing,” Pominville said of Buffalo’s lackadaisical effort through 40 minutes.”The one thing we control is our effort and the energy we bring,” he said. ”Some nights, we’re just not bringing it. I really don’t get it.”The Sabres didn’t wake up until the third period, when Marco Scandella scored 30 seconds in with a blast from the blue line that sailed over goalie Jonathan Quick’s right shoulder. Then Rasmus Ristolainen scored during a scramble in front with 3:18 left.Quick stopped 33 shots, while Dustin Brown had two assists.Buffalo’s Robin Lehner was yanked after allowing four goals on 30 shots. Chad Johnson finished with six saves in the final period.Kopitar’s first goal summed up Buffalo’s dreadful performance.Sabres forward Benoit Pouliot lost his balance while trying to play the puck just inside Buffalo’s blue line. The puck dribbled to Brown to set up a 2-on-1 break. Brown fed Kopitar, who wound his way across the front of the net and easily deposited a shot into the open right side with 7:58 left in the second period.The Kings scored twice more in a span of 1:29.Kopitar made it 3-0 with 3:54 left. He was set up for a one-timer in the left circle by Alex Iafallo, who beat the Sabres’ defenders to a loose puck behind the Buffalo net.Then, Amadio scored his second when Sabres defenseman Justin Falk got turned around. Amadio stepped around Falk, and snapped a shot inside the right post.The only knock Kings coach John Stevens had was how his team eased up in a third period during which Los Angeles was outshot 18-6.”I thought we kind of got off page a little bit, and they made a big push in the third period that we weren’t ready for,” Stevens said.NOTES: The Sabres are 2-6-1 in their past nine home games and 8-17-4 overall at home. Buffalo’s fewest home wins in an 82-game season is 13, set in 2013-14. … Iafallo was a fan of the Sabres growing up in Eden, New York, just outside Buffalo. Though Iafallo had a large contingent of friends present for his first game at Buffalo, the Kings rookie’s parents weren’t among them. They were instead in Columbus, Ohio, to be with Iafallo’s sister, Juliana, who was being honored as part of Ohio State women’s hockey team’s senior weekend. … Sabres C Ryan O’Reilly entered the day leading the league with 867 faceoff wins.UP NEXTKings: Continue their seven-game trip at the Chicago Blackhawks on Monday night.Sabres: Host the Washington Capitals on Monday afternoon.— CALGARY, Alberta (AP) — Known more for his toughness, Zac Rinaldo showed he can score, too.Rinaldo scored the tiebreaking goal in the third period to lead the Nashville Predators to a 5-3 win over the Calgary Flames on Friday night.After Noah Hanifin got caught pinching Artemi Panarin Jersey , Rinaldo broke out on a 2-on-1 with Ryan Hartman and hung onto the puck the whole way before beating Flames goalie Mike Smith on his blocker side with a perfect wrist shot into the top corner at 6:31 of the third to give Nashville a 4-3 lead.In career game No. 335 for the 28-year-old, it was only Rinaldo’s 15th goal.“That’s what I live for. That’s what I play for. I play for pride. I play for the team,” Rinaldo said.It was the fourth time Nashville took the lead in a back-and-forth game. This time, they held it.“The bench was pumped up,” Predators coach Peter Laviolette said. “Just a great, great play. We ended up catching numbers going the other way. He made the right decision, made a great shot.”Juuse Saros, who stopped all nine shots he faced in relief of Pekka Rinne, said he’s seen that release from Rinaldo before.“I know he has a good shot,” said Saros, who is 3-0-0. “We’ve seen that many times in practice.”Kevin Fiala and Filip Forsberg each had a goal and an assist, and Ryan Johansen and Craig Smith also scored to help Nashville win its fourth straight.Forsberg sealed the win with an empty-netter with 32 seconds left.“We’re feeling good,” Johansen said. “We understand it’s a long season and there’s a big process, but we’re just going to keep the pedal down and keep continuing to get better.”Rinne had 15 saves on 18 shots before leaving with just under 15 minutes left in the third.Elias Lindholm got his team-leading fifth goal for Calgary, and Matthew Tkachuk and Sam Bennett also scored. Smith finished with 25 saves.Nashville took the lead four times with Calgary answering back to tie it three times.Calgary had a great opportunity to tie up it once again at 4-4 when James Neal set up Bennett at the side of the net with a hard pass, but the puck went wide of the open cage.“I’m going to have some nightmares about that one I missed, but that’s the way it goes,” Bennett said.Down 3-2 entering the third, the Flames pulled even at 2:20 when Derek Ryan wired a perfect feed to Sam Bennett, who was breaking in off the wing and went to his backhand to neatly beat Rinne.While Rinne was stretching to try and stop the puck, Fiala landed on top of the goalie in an awkward-looking collision. Rinne stayed in the game briefly, but came to the bench at 5:09 and after talking with the training staff went to the dressing room.After the game, still wasn’t clear why Rinne departed.“I can’t comment on anything because I don’t know anything yet. But we didn’t pull him. Something was wrong,” Laviolette said.Saros was excellent in relief, getting tested just seconds after he arrived in the crease. Off the ensuing faceoff, he had to jab out his right pad to rob Lindholm to keep the score tied.Trailing 2-1, Calgary tied the score on the power play with 7:09 left in the second as Lindholm’s shot caromed in off Tkachuk’s skate.Fiala put Nashville back ahead with 5:37 to go in the middle period as the Predators converted their first power-play opportunity of the night, courtesy of a double-minor for high-sticking on former teammate James Neal.Nashville struck first, scoring 51 seconds into the game. TJ Brodie lost his stick along the sideboards and in going to retrieve it, allowed a 2-on-1 in front that was converted by Johansen.Calgary went over 16 1/2 minutes between shots in the first, with Lindholm snapping the streak, burying Johnny Gaudreau’s set-up past Rinne with 1:17 left.Smith put the Predators ahead 2-1 at 4:09 of the second.NOTES: The Flames lost at home for the first time after winning their first two games. …Calgary’s Dillon Dube (lower body) returned after missing one game. That made Austin Czarnik a healthy scratch for the first time this season. … Flames F Sean Monahan played in his 400th NHL game.UP NEXTPredators: At Edmonton on Saturday night.Flames: At the New York Rangers on Sunday night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    csgolearn Forum Index -> Test Forum 1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: